Monday, October 26, 2009

Slow Ride MeetUp + Popped Beach Ride Fantasy

Thanks to a tweet by Daniel Perez (@highmoon and Slow Bike Miami ), I found a group ride to do! I've wanted to go to Shark Valley for awhile, so I am excited to do this.



In other news, I went down to Miami Beach (or is it up from Kendall?). Let's say OVER to Miami Beach to meet up with Vice Queen Maria and her friend Kim at Eden Roc and later the tiki bar at Carrabas (I think the hotel was Marriott?). I had never really parked in a Miami Beach lot and walked on the boardwalk, so I was surprised to discover that bicycles are NOT allowed on it! What?! There goes that fantasy! Where can I safely ride my bike on the beach?!!?

2 comments:

  1. you can ride on the hard packed sand from S. Pointe to just north of about 16th.. perfect for a sunny ride.

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boardwalk... I have headaches from the illogical madness of it all.

    The Beachwalk, from 5th to 23rd St is fantastic. That thing should go all the way up the coast, except the Boardwalk is in the way and then there's Condo Canyon and its reclusive rich naysayers. There's now the North Beach Recreational Corridor, a continuation of the Beachwalk, from 63rd to 73rd St.

    I ride here all the time, so there's good safe places to ride. Collins ain't it.

    Hopefully you can make it to one of our Beach rides, coming soon.

    ReplyDelete