Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Ride Regular


Hello there! I ride my bike in Miami Kendall, Florida. I am trying to expand my riding into my Miami proper, including the beaches and downtown. Just for the fun of it and to get somewhere.

 I don't ride a fancy bike --  I couldn't even tell you the brand or model right now without going out and looking at it. The bike is just a regular commuter type i've had for several years. I have a straw basket. I don't wear bike shorts or cycling jerseys emblazoned with team names, races and sponsors. I just wear whatever. If I am on the way to the gym, I wear my gym clothes. Otherwise, whatever works.

I am using this blog to journal my resolve to ride my bike more often and to more places. And still be a regular rider.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Slow Bicycling lifestyle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. danke! I was happy to see your site because Slow Riders seem rare in the 305 (except for tourists who rent bikes on the beach).

    The positive about being a rarity here in Kendall is that cars pay attention to me and are surprisingly polite. I think it's safer to ride a bike in Kendall than drive my car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos! I never knew people would be nice in Kendall.

    btw, IIRC, there's a bike path that goes through a lot of Kendall (maybe by the busway?) and ends near one of the ends of the M-Path, which gives you a relatively safe path from Kendall to Downtown :D

    ReplyDelete